The flowers are blooming is so is our creativity! It's time to start your Spring cleaning by dusting of your sewing machine and craft supplies. Get into the spirit of the most beautiful time of the year with these adorable fabric bunnies. They are simple to make. In fact, so simple that even the kids can make them. You can create them in any print and fabric to match your own style. From bright and colorful to farmhouse drop cloth canvas and ticking stripes, these little bunnies will sure be the perfect addition to your Spring home décor.
WHAT YOU NEED:
Cardstock for making your own pattern
Pen for tracing
Fabric of your choice
Sewing Machine or thread + needle
Poly fill stuffing
Twine or bibbon
Pinking Shears scissors
WHAT TO DO:
1. Gather all of your supplies.
2. Grab a piece of cardstock to create your pattern. There are 3 ways you can create your own pattern.
-Print it out then trace onto cardstock.
-Hand draw directly onto cardstock.
- Use a Silhouette or Cricut Machine.
After you choose your method to create a bunny silhouette pattern, cut it out.
3. Fold your desired fabric in half with the wrong side of the fabric together.
4. Lay your cardstock pattern on top and trace.
5. Cut out the bunny silhouettes.
6. Line up the two fabric bunny pieces by placing one on top of the other perfectly.
7. Pin them together in the center.
8. Either with a sewing machine or by hand, sew the outside of the bunny silhouette together 1/2 inch from the edge. Leave the bottom undone.
9. Stuff the bunny then sew bottom together.
10. With your pinking shears cut around the bunny to finish off the edges.
11. Tie a piece of twine or ribbon around the neck area.
12. Add the to your home and enjoy!