Yesterday I had to take a side dish to a women's bible study that I go to every wednesday night. I had no idea what I wanted to make so I looked at my veggies in the fridge and then remembered that I had some tortellini....I quickly came up with the idea of a pasta salad like dish but with tortellini. So with no recipe I decided to gather everything I could maybe use and laid it on the counter...
HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED:
1 bag of frozen cheese tortellini
1 big sized cucumber
1 little package of cherry tomatoes
1 jar of sliced pepperoncinis
1 small head of broccoli
1 bundle of fresh spinach
1 bottle of Newman's Own Lite Balsamic
1. cook the tortellini according to the package. Drain and then put them in a bowl and place them in the freezer or fridge. I decided to place then in the freezer because I was trying to cool them off as fast as possible.
2. while they are cooling in the freezer, wash & cut up the cumcumber, a handful of cherry tomatoes, a few stems of broccoli and a little bit of spinach. Remember I didn't measure anything out. I did it to my liking. So add as much or little veggies as you want. Put all the cut up veggies in a bowl. Then add the pepperoncinis from the jar...(as much as you want)
3. After the tortellini has cool off completely and is cold, take it out of the freezer and add it the bowl with the veggies and pepperoncinis.
4. Mix it all up and add salt & pepper.
5. continue to mix it up and add a few splashes of Newman's Own Lite Balsamic just to add flavor not to drench it.
6. Serve immediately or place back in the fridge until you do!