For a while now I have been extra careful with what I've been putting in my body as well as what my kids have been eating. I've gotten rid of over processed foods and cut out a lot of sugar. Well, besides natural sugar that is within fruit! Instead of grabbing a candy bar or ice cream to curb my sweet tooth I know grab fruit! Especially peaches. My fave!
Let me tell you, I have definitely restored my energy! I'll tell you how I did that soon!
Detox smoothies or healthy drink smoothies are a great way to boost energy and beautify you from the inside out!
There are tons of antioxidants and vitamins in every one of these smoothies.
A perfect way to get the right nutrients to nourish our ever changing bodies.
If you fuel your body right, it will treat you right in return.
Here are 10 Beautifying Detox smoothies that are perfect for summer!
- 1 cup water or coconut water
- 1/2 medium avocado, pitted
- 2 celery stalks, roughly chopped
- 1 cup strawberries (frozen preferred), hulled if necessary
- 1 small/medium beet, ends trimmed and roughly chopped*
- 1 lemon, juiced (about 3 tablespoons or so)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 4 large ice cubes
- 1 apple ( if sweeter smoothie is desired - optional), cored and roughly chopped
- Steam beet if necessary before starting. See my tips in the headnote.
- Add all ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend on high until smooth. Adjust sweetness if desired, adding an apple or liquid sweetener to taste if needed.
1) If you are not a beet fan, try adding a handful of leafy greens instead of the beet and include the optional apple. 2) Smoothies shown in pictures does not include apple. Yield may be slightly higher with an apple added in.
I didn't really measure anything. I took large bunch of kale, several celery stalks, cucumber, fresh peeled ginger, whole apple, juice of a lemon, stevia, and about 3/4 cup of water. Place all in blender and blend on high.
Strawberry Basil Lime via Young&Raw