2- 3in x 8ft wood $2.88 each at Lowes
red & white paint
foam paint brush
small paint brushes for the letters
Silhouette or stencil for star & letters
Clear spray paint
1. I cut all the wood. I didn't measure exactly. I just cut the way I wanted it to look as I went so it formed a tree. I wasn't going for the perfect look. Just fast. For the long piece of wood I cut each side at a 30 degree angle.
2. I screwed all the pieces together starting at the top and worked my way down the 52 1/2 inch wood slat.
3. I dry brushed it white so it looked a little weathered and then let it dry.
4. I then used my Silhouette machine to cut out the star and letters onto card stock.
5. I then placed and traced the letters on each slat.
6. With a small paint brush I filled in the letter with red paint.
7. While the red paint was still wet I sprinkled red glitter over the star.
8. I then sprayed the entire thing with clear enamel spray paint to seal it from any weather condition. Let that dry.
9. Stake it into your yard & enjoy!
You could even distress it more if you want to.