The kitchen is a constant battle for me. Whether it be the never ending dishes that magically start stacking up everyday to finger prints, a messy fridge or clutter. There are some messes that just have to go no matter how cute the little person is that made them.
Living with kids, as you know, establishes you as a professional maid the moment they are born. As they grow the messes appear more frequently and bigger in size and we end up cleaning everyday all day like a ping pong ball bouncing around the house.
For me, one of the messiest places is the kitchen. It is the heart of the home and we spend a lot of time in and out of it throughout the day. Breakfast, making school lunches, toddler snack time, after school snack, prepping for dinner then eating dinner. With all that time spent in the kitchen, we end up in there to clean it just as much.
Here are some lovable messes that only moms could love but they still have to go!
1.Fingerprints on granite. One day I will look back and miss all of those little fingerprints on the granite. Those prints remind me that they are in a precious time of their lives and not to mention they have way too much energy. When they are all grown and my nest is empty I will wish that those fingerprints would be on my granite everyday.
2.Crumbs on the floor. Those crumbs on the floor are a sign of kids with full bellies. Happy smiling kids that just ate mom's fresh baked cookies or nibbled on some broccoli. Just like the fingerprints on the granite, one day those little hands wont be there to grab my cookies as fast as they come out of the oven and get placed on a cooling rack.
3. Spills on the counter. Chocolate milk, ice water, Capri Suns and green tea are constantly being spilled or dripped onto the counter. Whether it be with sippy cups or even the condensation of a batman cup, there is always going to be some kind of wet on the kitchen counters. This goes for the moments when your cute little toddler helps you with the dishes while standing on a step stool and giggling from the bubbles. You are bound to get some splashes on something or even someone! One day they will be too cool to help mom with the dishes unless they are forced to for chores.
4. Hand prints on the fridge. Those little hands. I could stare at them all day. They grab, touch and play with toys, dirt and even boogers and then run straight to the fridge for a string cheese. Dirty hands and all. You then are left with hand print smudges on the handle and refrigerator doors. As cute as they are to look at, it's still a form of a mess.
All four of those lovable messes are just really messes but each a different kind that needs to be cleaned daily before it gets out of control. Especially with kids. That is why I love Pledge Multi Surface. Everyone of those messes can easily be cleaned up with just one product! How amazing is that? You can use it on laminate, wood, stainless steel, granite and marble. Just spray and wipe any of those surfaces and you are good to go. Not to mention your house will be smelling great with their scent options.
Here are 3 things I love about it:
- Pledge is pH Balanced: Unlike other cleaners Pledge is pH- balanced. This means its worry-free formula cleans nearly any surface without clouding up or stripping away the finish.
- Pledge leaves surfaces radiant: Pledge Multi Surface fights dullness by gently cleaning and shining without leaving behind any filmy residue.
- Pledge fragrance: Pledge contains no harsh chemical smells that need to be neutralized or masked. The fragrances simply create a delightful scent experience while you clean.
Because it is pH balanced, it won't damage your granite and will make it shine! This is great because your counter tops are one of the most used things in your house. It will help refresh and revive your beautiful granite. When your home is clean, and smelling clean it really does make you feel happier!
Pledge Multi Surface will be with me in those moments in my new home when I'm cleaning precious messes and when they are grown and the house is quiet.
How do you clean your granite counter tops and kitchen? Have you tried Pledge?