Every Christmas, my oldest daughter and I bake cookies on Christmas Eve for Santa. It's our special tradition that we enjoy doing together and bonding over. Now as my youngest daughter is getting a little older, we're talking just about three years old, she is very interested in cooking and helping (with my help of course.) This year will be really fun when it comes to baking and gift giving because both of my girls will get to help. A few days ago, we decided to get the Christmas baking started and what better reason to bake than to bake to give! We thought my peppermint sugar cookie cups with a sprinkle crusted bottom would be the perfect way to brighten someone's day, especially a friend or even a neighbor. To top it off I came up with a cute way to package it up with a DIY Santa belt tag!
// For cookies //
1 package of sugar cookie mix
1 stick of butter softened
1 tablespoon water
// For Royal icing //
// extra goodies //
crushed candy canes or peppermint chocolate chunks
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix together sugar cookie mix, egg, stick of butter and tablespoon of water together until a dough forms.
2. Place dough in a mini muffin pan just like so and bake for 12-14 minutes
3. Let completely cool.
5. Mix together a about half a cup of powdered sugar and add in a little milk and vanilla until it is a thick consistency but smooth enough to drizzle.
7. Grab a little bowl of water and a bowl of red sprinkles. Drip the bottom of the cookie cup in the water then dip the bottoms in the sprinkle bowl . Place back on the platter to dry.
I headed to my local Walmart to find something cute to put these in. I strolled along the Christmas section because I love it, and found this aisle...
Those Rubbermaid TakeAlongs were perfect for what I was wanting to do and they were in festive colors. Even better! They had a bunch of different sizes which are great for whatever you are planning on cooking or baking and even leftovers! I grabbed the deep squares and deep rectangles for my sugar cookie cups.
Now that you have your Rubbermaid TakeAlongs, and your cookies, let's get them ready to give!
What you'll need:
1 sheet of red glitter cardstock
1 sheet of black velvet paper or piece of velvet fabric
chalkboard tag from craft store
1. Punch out a red glitter cardstock tag with the tag punch
2. Cut a piece of black velvet paper or fabric
3. Hot glue the velvet on then glue your rhinestones on to make the belt buckle.
4. Hole punch and it's done!
-Take your chalkboard tag and with a chalk pen, Write Share & take along the love!
Now my daughter is ready to hand out her homemade cookies and share the love! We are blessed to be a blessing! It is so important that we teach our children to be givers and doers!
What will you be baking and taking this Christmas? I'd love to hear! You can check out some more Rubbermaid ideas HERE!