This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BigLotsOutdoor #CollectiveBias
One of my absolute favorite things about my newly built home is the large private balcony attached to my master bedroom. We loved it so much while walking through our model home that we upgraded our home to include it. We were dreaming BIG! I can get up in the morning, brew a fresh pot of coffee and go back upstairs to my balcony to read my devotional while sipping my cinnamon bun flavored cup of joe. I can do all of that while looking at the mountain top view from up there. The past few months they have been covered in snow even though I'm down in the valley where it is warm and sun shining. It is absolutely gorgeous on a clear day.
With the weather quickly getting hotter, it motivated me to refresh my balcony and create a patio retreat to enjoy my view from. Just so you can get the idea of the size or what I'm talking about in general, here is a photo of my house during the building process.
Now, lets get down to the fun part, living in your home and decorating it!
I'm here today to show you how to create your own outdoor/patio retreat in just one weekend! It doesn't take a lot of money or time to create an outdoor space that you love and can enjoy. You want it to feel inviting, relaxing and have a pop of color for Spring and Summer.
1. Gather what you already have. Gather any pots, garden décor and use the patio furniture that you have. If you don't have any of these check out #2.
2. GO SHOPPING! Make a little list and head to the store. One of my favorite stores to find garden décor is BigLots! Growing up, my mom used to take me shopping there for home décor and it brings back so many memories. BigLots carries high quality outdoor/garden décor, including bigger items like patio furniture & gazebos that is value priced, trend right, with the ability to mix & match to create a perfect outdoor space. After I gathered what I had, then I went shopping for some fun pieces to add to my outdoor space. You can visualize how you want your space to look and get inspired inside the store too. I do have to note that styles and assortments may vary at every store so it is always a treasure hunt.
I ended up choosing the Solar 4 Tier plant stand because I wanted plants but didn't want to give up a lot of space. It also is so cute when it lights up at night illuminating your plants. This allows you to decorate up instead of out. I also picked up the Solar Light Trellis which I think is adorable, an aqua basket planter, and a party tray for drinks. A few of those items were definitely cute unexpected finds that I fell in love with.
Once I got all of that home it was time to start decorating! Let's break it down.
1. Start with a patio furniture. Doesn't have to be fancy. A chair and little side table or 2 chairs and a a small table in between.
2. Add decorative pillows.
3. A small or large outdoor rug depending on the size of your space.
4. Planters filled with pretty flowers and plants. It's always great to choose plants that smell amazing! I also recommend planting edible plants and veggies in your planters to create an edible garden right where you hang out!
5. When you are hanging out, a small drink station.
Here is my finished patio/balcony retreat and I must say that I'm in love!
I planted ivy for the trellis and I can't wait for it to grow.
BigLots and get inspired. What is your favorite?