This is one of my very favorite projects that I've ever built! I love that it can be used for practically any party too. Think about it. You could use it for your child's first birthday and hang 12 pictures on it. One for each month of their life. Anniversary parties, graduation parties, engagement parties, birthday parties... the list could go on and on because the possibilities really are endless. I chose to build this for my sister's wedding. I placed it at the guest sign in table, paired with a white "A" for their last name from Michaels, gold glittered votives from Michaels and DIY flower arrangements as well as their sign in wooden sign that I will be sharing with you another day. As for today, I'm going to show you how easy this photo display stand is to make!
WHAT YOU NEED:
-Old barn wood if you can find some. I had rummaged through a huge pile a few months ago and put it in my garage. I didn't know exactly what I wanted to make with it so I just kept it. It was perfect for this. They are like size of a 2x4. If you can't find real barn wood, you can get some at the hardware store and stain it.
- Circular saw
1. Start out by cutting 5 wood pieces 32 inches long.
2. Cut 2 smaller pieces and 45 degree angle them. I believe they are about 10-12 inches long.
3. Nail the top board on top of 2 side board creating a square without the bottom.
4. Now nail on a slat across the bottom, on each side of the square so that it can stand.
5. Nail on the 45 degree angles sides to the bottom for support and balance. If I can find the picture I'll add it.
6. Wrap the twine around the sides and tie them off. Make sure they are evenly spaces. I created 3 rows to hang photos on.
7. Use the little clothespins and hang up your photos.
So, what do you think?